To be able to enter the advanced courses in design at IED Barcelona, you must have completed the studies equivalent to the Spanish Bachillerato (secondary school leaving certificate) before the course starts. To prove this, there are three ways, depending on the country where you studied.
This is a simple and internationally accepted way of authenticating and legalising academic diplomas, official transcripts, study programmes and other academic documents. You must go to the appropriate authority in your country.
Information points in Spain:
- – Ministry of Education: Ministerio de Educación División de Fundaciones y Atención al Ciudadano (Sección de Información Educativa)
C/ Alcalá, 36 – 28071- Madrid
Tel. directo: 902218500
Fax: 917018648 y 917018600
- – High Inspectorate of Education of Government Delegations in the Autonomous Communities and the Provincial Directorate of the Ministry of Education in Ceuta and Melilla.
- – Subdirectorate General of the Gestió de Serveis a la Comunitat, Via Augusta 202-226 (if you live in Catalonia)
In other countries:
- Consular offices of the Spanish Embassy in the country in question.
Through diplomatic channels
First of all, you must go to the appropriate ministry in your country to legalise your birth certificate and nationality. They must sign and stamp the authentication of the certificates. Then you must obtain three other stamps by presenting your diploma at these offices:
- The Ministry of Education in your country
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country
- The Spanish Embassy or Consulate in your country
Finally, you must legalise the diploma with these three stamps on it at the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Spain:
C/ Serrano Galvache, 26 – 28033 Madrid
Teléfono: +34913791606/ +34913791608/ +34913791609
Diploma from EU countries
Countries in the EU, European Economic Space (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway), Switzerland, China, Cyprus, International Baccalaureate and European Schools. For these, you need to get your diploma and a certificate showing the last two courses taken officially certified and all the documentation translated in order to carry out the recognition process. Follow the steps indicated in one of these 2 links:
Important Note: It is required that all documents issued in a foreign country must be accompanied by an official translation into Spanish when they were not originally issued in that language.