Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Extending a TIE or application for a new TIE

What is an extension of an educational stay?

It is an extension of the permit for studying in Spain, or a student exchange, internship that is not employment or volunteer service.


  • It is advisable for your TIE not to have expired when you submit the documents for renewal.
  • If the appointment is scheduled after the date on which your ID card or visa expires, do not worry. If you requested the appointment before the card or visa expired, you can still renew your permit for an educational stay, even it has expired on the day on which you submit the documentation (the day of your appointment). But always take a screenprint to show that you requested an appointment before it expired.
  • Request an appointment during the time limit for renewal (i.e., any time up to 60 days before your study stay permit expires).

What documents do I need to present?

  • Official application form EX 00, which you can download from this link:http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/index.html
  • Valid passport (original and photocopy)
  • Valid student card (TIE) and/or visa (original and photocopy)
  • Valid medical insurance
  • IED registration certificate (ask for one from the Administrative Secretariat) If you are requesting an extension of an internship that is not employment, you must attach the internship agreement.
  • A bank certificate proving you have sufficient funds to pay for the expenses of your stay. You will be asked by Immigration to prove that you have sufficient funds under the following parameters:
    • For your monthly upkeep you must certify 100% of the Public Income Index Multiplier (IPREM), unless you can certify that you have paid for your lodgings in advance for the entire time of your stay in Spain. The total that you must certify corresponds to 100% of the IPREM for the number of months that your stay in Spain will last.
      • For example: If you need a six-month extension, you must certify that you have €532.51 x 6 months in a Spanish bank account.
    • For the monthly upkeep of your family members you must certify 75% of the IPREM for the first family member and 50% of the IPREM for each of the other members, unless you can prove that you have paid for your accommodation for the entire time that your stay in Spain will last. Remember that you will need to prove this with a recent bank statement issued in your name by the Spanish bank in which you have your account. You must also submit a certificate from your tutor or the family member who is responsible for your upkeep and return during your stay in Barcelona. This document must be legalised. See the following link: http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/Ciudadanosnocomunitarios/hoja098/index.html
  • Certificate of completion stating that you successfully finished your previous studies and/or internship that is not employment.
    • Request this certificate directly from your coordinator, if you are studying, and/or the job placement department, for internships.
  • Payment of the appropriate fee, which you will be told on the day of your appointment: https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/tasasPDF/prepareTasa?idModelo=790&idTasa=052&idProvincia=02

When you have all the documents, you must present them in one of these 2 offices:

Delegación del Gobierno de Catalunya – Registro Auxiliar Mallorca
C/ Mallorca, 278
Tlf: +34 935209984
From Monday to Friday from 9am to 2pm

Delegación del Gobierno de Catalunya – Registro General Bergara
C/ Bergara, 12
Tlf: +34 935209622
From Monday to Saturday from 9am to 2pm

View the decision

Within 10 to 30 days you can view your renewal file on the immigration website at the following link:

 If the decision on your file was “favourable”, you can collect the original from Immigration at the place indicated in 30 to 40 days. If your file is marked “Archivado” (archived) or “Denegado” (rejected), it is because there was some problem with your documentation. Request an appointment to find out why it was rejected: https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/citar. You must check the province BARCELONA and the process INFORMACIÓN (Information).

Normally you will receive a letter at your home explaining what other documentation you need to submit. Request an appointment to take in the documentation at https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/citar. You must check province BARCELONA and process INCIDENCIAS TRÁMITES EXTRANJERÍA (Immigration processing incidents)

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.