Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Non-European Students


If you are going to reside in Spain for more than three months, it is mandatory to apply for a student visa. Tourist visas are valid for three months and cannot be extended.

A study visa is the document that will allow you to stay and study in Spain, as well as to carry out research activities, training or education, take part in student mobility programmes, internships that are not employment or voluntary service.

Before travelling to Spain, you must apply for a student visa at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country of origin. Applicants must submit a series of documents that prove the reason for their stay; in this case, a letter from the school specifying that they are enrolled. For more information, see the following website: www.exteriores.gob.es

Find out whether your country is on the list of countries exempted from visa requirements for staying in Spain for up to 90 days because, if you are thinking of studying on a short course, it is possible that you will not need to apply for a study visa.

The processing time for applications varies according to the different offices and can take from one to several months. We recommend that you start the formalities as soon as you have a letter of acceptance from the school, which you can request from your Advisor at the school.

The duration of your visa depends on the duration of your studies and if your visa lasts for a shorter time than your studies you must apply for a Foreigner’s Identity Card (TIE). See the NIE section. To reside legally in Spain during your studies must apply for a TIE. This document will allow you to live in Spain during the time of your studies and to travel to countries in the Schengen area.

Types of Visas for Courses:

a) Type D / 90 days
This is the visa granted when your course lasts more than 180 days (six months). During your first month in Barcelona you must apply for a Foreigner’s ID Card (TIE) at the Immigration Office in the province in which you live. You must not let your visa expire before applying for a Foreigner’s ID Number (NIE).

b) Type D / 180 days
This is the visa granted when your course lasts less than 180 days (six months). It does not entitle you to get a TIE.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.